I love my View!

AprilWhine

Glad you like your View, AprilWhine. When we got our Class C 7 years ago we narrowed it down to a rig like yours and what we ended up buying: A 24' Lazy Daze, which we also love.

And thanks to "the powers that be" for a Class C Forum!

Clarkie
Dick & Linda, hosting Abbie, our miniature Dachshund.
23.5' Lazy Daze MH
Newberg, Oregon

I think the Mini is the perfect dinghy for the View. It's light enough, at a bit under 3,000 lbs, to not drag down the performance. We put a safari rack on the Mini when we went to AK to hold diesel, because the View only gets around 300 miles per tank. With the extra fuel, if a station had no fuel, we could still make it to the next fuel stop. We stored our folding chairs in the back and other bulky but light stuff too. Hubby installed NSA braking system, so downhill was not a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

We replaced our previous 27' class A with a 2009 View 24H last March. So far we have put 13,000 miles on her and the only problem I had with her was a plugged fuel filter as a result of what I presume was bad fuel in MO. The View drives better than a Type 3 ambulance, which I have 15 years and well over 100,000 miles experience with! She ride so much better than our 2 previous class A MH's and the seats are better than my SUV daily driver.

We fit into tight state park spaces like a dream. The only downside is less storage capacity and the sleeping arrangements: I get the cabover bunk the the Mrs gets the fold-out couch. We are looking to eventually switch to the View/Navion 24V which has twin beds aft that convert to a king.

Dave
Lisa
2 Canine Kids: Molly the Flatcoated Retriever/Coillie and Murray the Longhaired Dachshund

Cruising the Vistas in:
2009 Winnebago View 24H (2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500 CRD chassis)

No Toad... for now

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great to hear you like your View.

They look like a nice class C and the Mini looks like a good dinghy for it.

We are in the research mode and gathering information at this time. We are looking at the 24G or 24V View or Itasca Navion with a Forester for a dinghy.

Open to any and all suggestions.

Nebraskan

Great to hear you like your View.

They look like a nice class C and the Mini looks like a good dinghy for it.

We are in the research mode and gathering information at this time. We are looking at the 24G or 24V View or Itasca Navion with a Forester for a dinghy.

Open to any and all suggestions.

Nebraskan

Is it safe to assume your use of this RV is primarily for travel and not full-timing?

Clarkie
Dick & Linda, hosting Abbie, our miniature Dachshund.
23.5' Lazy Daze MH
Newberg, Oregon

A Sprinter based RV is a great choice if you are mainly going to travel. We spent four months in ours when we went to Alaska. But, we didn't stay more than a week at any one spot, and usually it was just overnight. We could be hooked up and ready to go while the people with fivers or complicated tow hookups were still dithering. But when we are going to be parked for weeks at a time, we take the bus for its better livability.

• 3 weeks later...

Ooops. I had a couple of questions, but I'll create a new topic. Otherwise I might be "hijacking" this thread. I don't understand all that stuff, but I do want to be a good community member, so I'll post my questions in a new post under this Class C stream.

• 2 years later...

As regular readers of this forum know I always look at the placement of the TV as we watch a lot of Netflix. In our 2008 View I found it comfortable to sit sideways at the dinette with my feet up and a pillow behind my back so the 24G plan gets a thumbs up from me. In the daytime we would sit at the table with our laptops in front of us then at meal times we would simply drop them to the bench beside us; that also worked well. I hope you enjoy your View as much as we did ours.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

3 hours ago, PhaetonPlace said:

Been full-timing for 9 years in a Tiffin Phaeton 36'. Considering downsizing to a 2017 Winnebago View 24G.  Other than the obvious loss of storage space, any owners of similar Class Cs have any comments about this move? Thanks.

We went with a Class B+ when we downsized.  Our 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter was called a Class C by the dealer we bought it from; but Phoenix USA calls it a B+ http://www.phoenixusarv.com/index.html , so sometimes it is just a matter of semantics.  You might want to expand your search parameters unless the Winnebago is the one that "floats your boat".

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Archived