Adobe Photo Shop - Can I watch you?

ccsimpson

My desktop and our laptop are both Linux so Photoshop (as an application) is not an option; not to mention its cost. However GIMP has been my go-to photo editor for at least ten years. It's open-source and available for Windows and Macs as well as every distribution of Linux. I routinely use it to re-size photos (modern digital cameras will make a HUGE file out of a photo) for uploading to forums, for cropping, and for any other use.

You can also find a ton of instruction for GIMP on the Internet (as well as books at mall bookstores and at Amazon). It has layering, color saturation, and many other features. Well worth the simple download and installation; GIMP is open-source and is free.

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

Udate: I am the one that started this post. A year and a half later I am using Photo Shop ELEMENTS 12. There is a big difference between just plain Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Last season here in Tucson at the RV park, I learned how to use Photoshop Elements 12 and I love the things I can do with it but am still learning all the stuff it does. There is big price difference as well between the 2. I got Photoshop ELEMENTS for $42 with my Office Depot awards card and a sale price. So that is much more affordable than just Photoshop. I still use faststone.org, the free download I have used since '06, but use Photoshop Elements for more detailed or creative things I want. So if Photoshop doesn't work on your PC, then I strongly suggest faststone.org.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Archived