Class of 2017

Tumbleweed

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What RV goodies did you get for Christmas?

Under our tree I found a Garmin RV 760LMT GPS. Yes!

And my wife found an emergency weather radio. :D

Extra freezer shelf and door pocket for more freezer storage (one shelf is not enough), replacement storage compartment locks for security, and LED light bulbs. And yes, those were exciting gifts for me :huh: I bought myself a dashcam and some more backpacking equipment.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

Our son got me an Amazon Echo - amazing device!

DW found a new iPad Pro under the tree with a keyboard and apple pencil - she is not sure that she will ever need a PC again!

(Once I can lick the photo editing/storage for my DSLR & our digital Audio/Video collection storage/playback I will probably be in the same boat!)

(Any suggestions on the above? We are Apple product users so, unfortunately, a Windows/Android solution will not work)

Bob & Anne-Marie Williams

| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego bikes |

| Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime |

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

Started Full timing yesterday. A little rough start as we are both sick with colds, but we are excited.

Hope to see some of you on the road.

2017 Vanleigh Vilano 375FL " Bob's Cabin / Carolyn's Beach House"
2017 F350 Dually 4x4
9 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle
8 Year old Boxer/Greyhound

Started Full timing yesterday. A little rough start as we are both sick with colds, but we are excited.

Congratulations on your Graduation! Hope you get over your colds soon - Zinc and Zicam will help the colds.

event.png

Congratulations on your Graduation! Hope you get over your colds soon - Zinc and Zicam will help the colds.

Yes and I have found tea with Jack Daniels Honey helps to in the evening. LOL

2017 F350 Dually 4x4
9 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle

Congratulations. So happy for you both. Hope you get over your colds soon. Where are you heading first?

Kathryn

2011 Winnebago Itasca Suncruiser 35p

2016 Ford Focus

Yes and I have found tea with Jack Daniels Honey helps to in the evening. LOL

Same Here!

Um, well I usually skip the tea though :lol:

event.png

Congratulations. So happy for you both. Hope you get over your colds soon. Where are you heading first?

We are in City of Rock, New Mexico right now but heading to Truth or consequences, NM today to enjoy some hot springs. Then we will go to Carlsbad Caverns before we drop down into Texas to see some friends.

Same Here!

Um, well I usually skip the tea though :lol:

LOL

2017 F350 Dually 4x4
9 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle

We are in City of Rock, New Mexico right now but heading to Truth or consequences, NM today to enjoy some hot springs. Then we will go to Carlsbad Caverns before we drop down into Texas to see some friends.

LOL

City of Rocks is *AWESOME* and you will love the Hot Springs in T or C.

Suggestion: Drive @ 65 miles north on I25 and visit Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge - this time of year you will see everything from bald & Golden Eagles, Sandhill cranes, hawks, blackbirds, ravens, & coots. The mass ascension of THOUSANDS - really! of birds is a lifetime experience. Not to be missed - even if you are not a birdwatcher!

After the Bosque, make sure you go have a green chile cheeseburger at the Owl Café in San Antonio, NM (really close to the Bosque.) It is a New Mexico Icon! AND it will be one of the best darn cheeseburgers you have ever had!

If you want to overnight or stay a few days, the Bosque Birdwatchers RV Park in San Antonio is acceptable CG (it's not a resort, but an adequate CG). Try to get a site facing North - that way the afternoon shade is on your door side.

event.png

Oh yeah I forgot...when you are at the Owl Café, make sure you split a order of the Green Chilie Chees Fries too LOL!

event.png

LOL

Sounds enjoyable. Can't wait for our turn. Have fun.

Kathryn

2011 Winnebago Itasca Suncruiser 35p

2016 Ford Focus

• 2 weeks later...

I've been off for a bit getting things sorted, but we're really now officially fulltimers!

As of last Friday, we are finally Florida residents! We've been staying in St Augustine this month, working through the paperwork. Lovely weather compared to back "home."

Next milestone is DH's retirement at the beginning of March.

Next stop is in the Apalachacola area of Florida.

How's everyone else progressing?

Thanks for the update NJTroy!

Congratulations on going FullTime - that IS a milestone!!

We retire at the end of the year and will make SD "home" in 2018 when we pass through the state in Mar or Apr. Before then, off to Florida for Dec-Feb!

event.png

So many of you have already graduated!! All of us left behind are living vicariously through you!! Our time will come!!!

Well, we are 10 days from putting the house on the market. As soon as it sells, we will be full-timers too! We both retire May 31 so it's getting really close. We have had piles in the house... one for "give away", one for "sell", one for "storage unit" and one for "5th wheel". We are down to the last few things. Everything left is to sell in our upcoming sale in mid February. Right now we are patching a little, painting a lot! Sure will be glad when we don't have the upkeep and maintenance of a S&B home!! I'm tired!!

Kathie and Tom

Ambition 33QS (Honalee)

Augusta RV

Sounds like everyone is moving along!

DH and I keep saying remember last year this time we were....getting ready for the estate sale or.....refinishing doors or......painting walls......or realizing that the chimney needed work before we put the house on the market....

This year we feel so much lighter, even while he finishes up his last few weeks of work. Can't wait to hear as everyone begins to graduate!

2017 felt so long away when I was planning ahead for hitting the road in 2014 and now some of us are already there. I finish work at the beginning of May but won't be in the RV until September...several other trips not involving wheels during the summer, between the end of work and full-timing.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

• 3 weeks later...

For the past year we have been hosting at State Park campgrounds pretty much full time, but we have been hanging on to our S&B home. That's all about to change. We have an offer on the house and are scheduled to close on 3/30. In preparation for the life-changing move to full time RVer, we traded our 28' single slide bumper pull for a slightly longer triple slide 5th wheel several weeks ago.

We'll be "officially" full timers on 3/31! No more S&B home at that point, just the 5th wheel.

We're going through the process of emptying the house now and dealing with the feelings of leaving a place we've called home since 1978.

I guess this makes us officially members of the class of 2017!

JMCDSD,

Welcome to the Class of 2017!!

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to my fellow full-timers!

I will be graduating on May 1, 2017, leaving Florida in my new 2017 Pleasure Way

Lexor Class B. It's been a long haul preparing for this day, with all the paperwork,

logistics, buying my rig, learning about all the systems, and buying accessories.

Got two more months to go in my rental and I'm gonna need the time!

I've been mostly lurking (minimalista my previous display name) but people in these

forums have been very helpful in helping me navigate a lot of the prep work.

I *think* I'm close to being ready, with the exception of actually packing my rig. Now I

just have to figure out where to GO. Rough plan is to end up in New England in

the fall. I'd love any suggestions on places to stay along the route north through

the Carolinas and Virginial, maybe Tennessee. I imagine campgrounds will be busy

in the Spring.

Thanks!

-Cathy Button

We'll be "officially" full timers on 3/31! No more S&B home at that point, just the 5th wheel.

We're going through the process of emptying the house now and dealing with the feelings of leaving a place we've called home since 1978.

I guess this makes us officially members of the class of 2017!

We sold our home 5/2016. We are in a rental and lease is up 4/2017 then we hit the road. We have a dinner party tomorrow night then we will be full-speed ahead packing and clearing out the rental. Very weird!

Happy Trails,

Jim & Ginger/Nomad Hikers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retirement 12/2016

Full-time 04/2017

VanLeigh Vilano/Ford F350

Blog site - https://www.trailer2trail.com/

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=trailer2trail

Archived