Class of 2017

Tumbleweed

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retired at the end of last month. Will hit the road Jan. 6.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Here's hoping your travels and retirement are full of fun, adventure (the GOOD kind! :) ) and lots of wonderful memories!

Bob & Anne-Marie Williams

| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego bikes |

| Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime |

event.png

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Here's hoping your travels and retirement are full of fun, adventure (the GOOD kind! :) ) and lots of wonderful memories!

Thank you. We are excited. Just signed the lease papers on our S&B here in San Diego. Renters move in Jan 7, 2017 so we will probably stay in the area for a couple of days to make sure their move in goes smooth.

2017 Vanleigh Vilano 375FL " Bob's Cabin / Carolyn's Beach House"
2017 F350 Dually 4x4
9 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle
8 Year old Boxer/Greyhound

Thank you. We are excited. Just signed the lease papers on our S&B here in San Diego. Renters move in Jan 7, 2017 so we will probably stay in the area for a couple of days to make sure their move in goes smooth.

Woohoo! We too will be leaving out of the SD area, just in April. Are you planning to keep your residency here?

Happy Trails,

Jim & Ginger/Nomad Hikers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retirement 12/2016

Full-time 04/2017

VanLeigh Vilano/Ford F350

Blog site - https://www.trailer2trail.com/

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=trailer2trail

Everything we have read seems to indicate that a domicile in TX/FL/or SD is a 'good thing' we are leaning very heavily toward SD, because we understand insurance and CoachNet membership expenses are lower there than in TX or FL.

Anyone having additional info to help with the decision process - please pile on!!

event.png

Woohoo! We too will be leaving out of the SD area, just in April. Are you planning to keep your residency here?

No residency will be in Florida. We may buy a winter home there.

We debated back and forth about selling our house here. I was ok with it more than my wife was so we decided to rent it. We got lucky. We put in an ad. Next day a lady called. Looked at it the next day and put a deposit down. I guess I should have asked for more rent, but we are more interested in the renter vs making a bunch of money on the house.

What part of San Diego do you live? We live in Jamul.

Just yesterday we mapped out our stops from here to Florida.

2017 F350 Dually 4x4
9 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle

What part of San Diego do you live? We live in Jamul.

Just yesterday we mapped out our stops from here to Florida.

We are in San Marcos. We lived in Carlsbad until we sold and now renting. We just scheduled our FIRST stop for when we leave CA at Lake Havasu State Park, then on the the Petrified National Park in AZ before heading to visit family in AR, KS, IA, and OH, then headed up east coast through fall, back to KS and IA for holidays before dropping south.

Happy Trails,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retirement 12/2016

Full-time 04/2017

Hello all,

I guess we also will be in the Class of 2017.

We recently purchased a new to us 2005 Newmar Northern Star and have been "practicing" during the week of Thanksgiving. We head home to Northwest Arkansas (Fayetteville - Go Hogs!) later today.

On the 1st we head out for a month in Florida where we will stay at Ft. Pickens for two weeks then to Carrabelle Beach RV Resort for two weeks. Sadly we will then be grounded afterwards except weekends until June 1st, 17' when we hit the road full time.

We sold our home five years ago in preparation for full time and June 1st is the day our current home lease runs out. We can't wait.

This process of searching for an RV is a real roller coaster of ups and downs! We're looking for a used Class A bunkhouse - or at least an over-the-cab drop down loft, in the 35 foot range.

At first we were looking mostly at Winnebago Vista 35B, but we just missed purchasing one for less than $75K, and since then we've only found sellers willing to drop to 90K at the lowest. Ugh.

On Friday we toured a Fleetwood Storm 32BH which looked great in pictures, but felt really cramped in real life.

We're trying to set up tours of a Thor Hurricane 34J and a Georgetown 351DS locally, but it's a holiday weekend so a lot of private sellers are out traveling. We've also found a Hurricane in Orlando that looks great for a great price, but being in New Jersey we've got to know we love the model before risking that kind of investment in a trip south.

We are SOOOOOOO ready to buy. But also exercising patience and trusting God to open the right doors at the right time. The time will come!

2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A

Retired and loving it!

www.milesandsmiles.us

event.png

We recently purchased a new to us 2005 Newmar Northern Star and have been "practicing" during the week of Thanksgiving. We head home to Northwest Arkansas (Fayetteville - Go Hogs!) later today.

Hah! I'm originally from Arkansas !

Happy Trails,

Retirement 12/2016

Full-time 04/2017

This process of searching for an RV is a real roller coaster of ups and downs!

I feel your pain! We looked at sooo many! Sat in sooo many! Almost homesteaded in 2! We thought we had decided, but there was just something that kept nagging at us. Then we went and looked at one that was not even on our radar and it was the one! Best of luck to you in your search!

Happy Trails,

Retirement 12/2016

Full-time 04/2017

Sometimes I wonder how I lucked out and picked the right used camper the first time. It was the first one I looked at and I hadn't done any research. By the grace of God I ended up with the perfect size and a great layout. I did some mods (removed dinette and added a small table and chairs, and replaced the fold down futon-couch with a loveseat) for comfort but everything else just fell into place so well.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

We are in San Marcos. We lived in Carlsbad until we sold and now renting. We just scheduled our FIRST stop for when we leave CA at Lake Havasu State Park, then on the the Petrified National Park in AZ before heading to visit family in AR, KS, IA, and OH, then headed up east coast through fall, back to KS and IA for holidays before dropping south.

Nice.

We are hitting Tucson Cave, then a few places in New Mexico. Then to Fort-Worth to see some friends. Then it is Escapees in Livingston, Galveston, New Orleans, Escapees in Alabama and then to Panama City. Haven't planned any further than that.

We are interested in the Sarasota area and my wife found a park that has a ton of activities. It is expensive but we want to see that area so we will stay a month there.

2017 F350 Dually 4x4
9 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle

Hello all,

I guess we also will be in the Class of 2017.

On the 1st we head out for a month in Florida where we will stay at Ft. Pickens for two weeks then to Carrabelle Beach RV Resort for two weeks. Sadly we will then be grounded afterwards except weekends until June 1st, 17' when we hit the road full time.

We sold our home five years ago in preparation for full time and June 1st is the day our current home lease runs out. We can't wait.

Welcome to the class!! Congratulations on going full time - although we are full time we are still chained to the job until DEC 2017 - then freedom!

Again, welcome to the class!

event.png

Hi Class of 2017 we are planning on going fulltime May of 2017. We started to plan for this in 2005 but the Great Ression hit and we lost everything and had to forget about it for a while. Now we figure we can afford to do it,and can't afford not to as we are geting older.

My father-in-law gave us his Motor Home. It is a 1983 Revcon with only 20k on it. Ihave been cleaning and checking everything out. We will be taking a number of small trips after the first of the year. To make sure that everything works, and we have all the things we think we need and the things we forgot.

After that our first stop is going to be the Vintage Trailer Rally at Pismo Beach in May. After that we hope not to look back and just keep going.

We will do a lot of siteseeing and some workcamping and have FUN

Tom & Michele

1983 Revcon King33

1989 Goldwing

Welcome Snufy!

Keep us posted on how things are going for you, and welcome to the Class!

event.png

201 days and counting, and we just passed a big milestone - we put down a deposit on an RV! We're just waiting for the current owners to get the financing they need to pay off their loan, and then it will be ours.

Because we like to have a fun with things like this, I posted a YouTube vlog with a little game I call "RV Hunters." It includes a tour of the three "finalists" in our RV search, and you're invited to guess which one you think we bought. I guess you can comment here or on the YouTube page.

I hope you enjoy!

2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A

Retired and loving it!

www.milesandsmiles.us

event.png

My wife and I are in the process of selling everything and hitting the road full-time. We have to sell the house once 42 years of stuff is disposed

of. Fun going thru the memories but wow wished we started this sooner.

Class of 2017

ED & Dorothy Vonderbeck

Escapees 124914

Hi Ed & Dorothy - welcome to the Class of 2017!

Suggest you talk to a few Estate Sale companies to plan an estate sale. See if there are any things your children want, and then make a pile of all the items you absolutely cannot part with - and make a vow that these items will fit in a 10x14' storage room ;)

Getting your house on the market ASAP is critical IMO, the market is a bit soft now in a lot of places and the Fed is on the path of raising interest rates which will not help the mortgage market.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress!

event.png

My wife and I are in the process of selling everything and hitting the road full-time. We have to sell the house once 42 years of stuff is disposed

of. Fun going thru the memories but wow wished we started this sooner.

Class of 2017

ED & Dorothy Vonderbeck

Escapees 124914

Welcome to the class of 2017! We are also feeling the pressure to get stuff out of the house. Have ended up giving away most everything instead of selling. We couldn't find anyone around here to do an estate sale and garage sales are a huge pain in the B*%$ with very little rewards. We just have a little left. We plan to put the house on the market next month, January. Hope it sells quickly!! I want to live in our new 5th wheel so bad! It's in an RV storage which I drive by every day and look at longingly! We plan to retire May 31st and off we go! These last few months are going so slow!

When do you two start full timing? Where is the first place you plan to go?

Great adventures ahead for all of us!

Kathie and Tom

Kathie and Tom

Ambition 33QS (Honalee)

Augusta RV

Welcome to the class of 2017! We are also feeling the pressure to get stuff out of the house. Have ended up giving away most everything instead of selling. We couldn't find anyone around here to do an estate sale and garage sales are a huge pain in the B*%$ with very little rewards. We just have a little left. We plan to put the house on the market next month, January. Hope it sells quickly!! I want to live in our new 5th wheel so bad! It's in an RV storage which I drive by every day and look at longingly! We plan to retire May 31st and off we go! These last few months are going so slow!

When do you two start full timing? Where is the first place you plan to go?

Great adventures ahead for all of us!

Kathie and Tom

Slower than molasses in a Wyoming winter...which I'm also stuck in. I feel your pain...I can't wait either. Job will be done by the end of April but won't be hitting the road until late September since I have 5 weeks in England followed by 5 weeks hiking the Colorado Trail to do first. Gonna be an awesome year!!!

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

Archived