ATV use when and where?

dawgdawg69

We are planning on going fulltime next summer. We were originally looking at pulling our Polaris RZR 900 XP and a Smart car on an aluminum enclosed trailer. But since we have a class C, with only 5000lb rating I'm a little nervous maxing out the RV. I found a UTV called Orieon Sand Reeper that looks really interesting as it could replace both vehicles. But it is limited to around 55 mph, so no HWY driving. Still waying the pros and cons of both setups. Has anyone seen or know about the Sand Reeper? It's also marketed as a Duruxx. Here are some links to what I'm looking at. http://oreionmotors.com , http://www.duruxx.com

2005 Foretravel U270

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 

2016 Polaris RZR Turbo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'70 Jeep CJ5

dirtbikes:

CRF450x

PE175

Had a UTV but got tired of pulling a trailer. I now pull the Jeep 4 wheels down with rack for kayak & bicycles and a motorcyle rack on the front of the Motorhome for the CRF450x. Carry a Goldbug metal detecto inside. Oh yeah, I'm 66 and am always looking for ride buddies. Getting harder to find as I start to age.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Mocroc, hang in there dude. I'll go riding with you dude ..... :) ...... if you can wait a few more years, no strike that. If you can wait for another 20 or so months.... :) :)

Overbuilt from the Ground Up

05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

Hi All, We will be fulltiming by the end of this year. We have a 2 seater RZR 1000. It will go with us everywhere. We did a lot of research and we feel that a toy hauler would be the best fit. We thought of a mh but then we would need an enclosed trailer for the RZR, Jeep and our smoker.

It is nice to hear about all the places to go riding. I am anxious to ride trails, grew up going to glamis, which is okay fun and have been to Little Sahara in OK. We grew up on quads, but with my arthritis and hubby's bad knees, side by side seemed the way to go. Hope to see you out and about.

Jloux.....welcome. We pull a 4x4 pickup with our RZR 800 in it behind the MH. Works well for us. I thought about a toyhauler but then you have to pull the toyhauler everywhere for staging. Didnt like that idea. The pickup gives me the ability to transport the RZR effortlessly if needed to a riding site without disturbing the MH.

Looking forward to another season of riding in the desert. Maybe we will get a chance to hook up with some of you this winter.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting posts folks, thanks for the tips on trail riding locations. Mrs.HP and I are in the final planning for the purchase of the Idaho Tote and waiting for the delivery of the 800 Intimadator Classic. We went this way since it goes 60 mph and legal for hwy use where permitted. The Web site is Intimidatorutv.com. We chose this model since it has a big enough bed to haul our gold prospecting equipment and groceries if we need to run to town. Has anyone used the Idaho Tote and if so what are your thoughts. Thanks.

Roger and Barbara

On the pale blue planet, retired and happy.

2011 DRV MS 36RSSB3

2015 GMC Crew Cab Duramax DRW

Roger ....when I had my fifth wheel I built my own swivel wheel trailer that attached to the back of the trailer with 2 points. It worked out very well with my RZR on it sideways. It tracked nicely behind the fifth wheel at hiway speeds. I still have it and have considered using it behind my motorhome so that I can tow my Jeep Cherokee as well...need to work on that concept some more.

As far as the law was concerned I never had a police officer even look at it when it traffic.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Hi Jim, Good to know your experiences. The issue with the Intimidator is the overall length of 9'-7" that prevents me from hauling it sideways. I would be over width.

Sounds like you have some skills to build your own trailer. I have hauled our four wheel ATV in a trailer we double towed behind the fiver but that was only in state and within a couple of hours from Little Rock. Thanks again for your post.

Roger and Barbara

On the pale blue planet, retired and happy.

2011 DRV MS 36RSSB3

2015 GMC Crew Cab Duramax DRW

Archived