The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I miss him too, he was a great friend, and kept us all on our toes! We have been parked at Sundance RV Resort on the Calif side of the Colorado just north of Emerald cove. After Q we just needed to rest for a while and then we both got sick. AAarrgghh! Better now, but we didn't even get out of the bus for a week or so. Now we age going to put the boat in tomorrow and see if we can do a little boating before we leave here. We have an appointment with Redlands RV on March first, so we'll be there for 10 days or so. We are having the steering gearbox rebuilt (too much slack, and this one is not adjustable) so maybe the bus will drive a little better. 63 degrees here and nice and sunny, so sitting in the lawn chair is fine. Matter of fact it's calling me right now......Till later. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Steve,

Redlands has a good reputation and they did well by us. Unfortunately, when we parked on the street one of our levelers went into the gutter which was too far down. Hydraulic fluid leaking onto a city street is not good. But Redlands was able to get us going again. I hope all goes well for you there.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Right Linda, we have used them a few times and were well pleased. They have full hook ups there too so that helps. Nice to have people that understand the RV life. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Right Linda, we have used them a few times and were well pleased. They have full hook ups there too so that helps. Nice to have people that understand the RV life. Steve

Was it hard to get an appointment, Steve? I checked them out at http://rvservicereviews.com. They had 95 reviews and were rated excellent overall. Don't need 'em now (I shouldn't say that) but, sounds like a good place to go if/when I do! :D

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Roger, not hard to get an appointment. They are a busy shop, but seem to be able to work people in if they can. At least they have full hook -ups so the wait is not bad. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Roger, not hard to get an appointment. They are a busy shop, but seem to be able to work people in if they can. At least they have full hook -ups so the wait is not bad. Steve

Hey Steve,

While you are in the area there are a couple of things you might want to check out. The Stained Glass Windows in the Redlands Library are fantastic, and it you can get them to let you up into the tower they probably still have the old Original Windows there. Over time they have aged to the point that they distort everything. Original woodwork is also pretty dang fine. Then they used to have a Farmers Market in downtown one night a week, always had a couple of stands that were selling food that was pretty darn good. One had Burritos that would make a minimum of 2 meals for a Hungry guy. LOL. Then of course all the old Mansions in the area.

You guys having been there before have probably seen this stuff, but I mention it just in case.

Us, we are sitting in Ocean Shores for a week of watching the Ocean in all it's hopefully stormy glory. Right now there is a fishing boat heading out bouncing like a cork in a boiling pot of water. To early for any of that Baaaaaad Whiskey, so I'll just pour another cuppa java and sit here in front of the Fireplace and watch it all go by.

Joe

On edit, after I got done typing the above I grabbed my camera and headed to the windows for a picture, or 3, turned out there was 9 boats heading out. Think I might have gotten a couple of good pictures

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Thanks, Joe, we'll see if we can check it out. Probably is safer sitting by the fire instead of bobbing like a cork with a fishing pole in your hand. Raining here in Parker today, but we are heading out to Havasu to meet up with Paul & Sue & Mike & Julie for jambalaya! Tough duty! Ha Ha Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hmmm RAINING, Jeff must be somewhere nearby. :lol: We just decided to brave the elements and head into town for a bit. Need to mail a card and then will just bypass lunch and go straight for desert. Oh Ya Death by Chocolate Ice Cream. (found the Ice Cream Machine :ph34r: )

Joe

(theonelettinghisbeltout)

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Hmmm RAINING, Jeff must be somewhere nearby. :lol: We just decided to brave the elements and head into town for a bit. Need to mail a card and then will just bypass lunch and go straight for desert. Oh Ya Death by Chocolate Ice Cream. (found the Ice Cream Machine :ph34r: )

Joe

I am in Mesa getting my Air conditioner fixed on RV at Gene's RV repair. It is raining on me as I got too close to Jeff, We did enjoy a great meal at the Organ Stop Pizza with the gang in the area. Jeri, Terry, Jim, Sandy, Jeff and Tina. Speaking of ice cream, some of the gang did have a sundae but I am not telling who. haha

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

I am in Mesa getting my Air conditioner fixed on RV at Gene's RV repair. It is raining on me as I got too close to Jeff, We did enjoy a great meal at the Organ Stop Pizza with the gang in the area. Jeri, Terry, Jim, Sandy, Jeff and Tina. Speaking of ice cream, some of the gang did have a sundae but I am not telling who. haha

Yep, figured Jeff was somewhere nearby. :lol: I remember Organ Stop Pizza from an earlier trip to that area. Had a great time there and would return again if ever in the area. No need for air conditioning here right now, but heaters are another story. :wacko: Coldest winter in 32 years up here. We are planning a day trip to the town of Westport today. Hope it didn't snow to much last night. B)

You all enjoy that warm weather down there and let me know when you want to cool off, I'll send some more rain and snow that way. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Joe

The rain thing has cursed us for nearly 2 years. Look at California and we just drove through northern California imagine if we had stopped for a few days like we did in southern California. Hope there is only a 2 year life span for the curse. Tina and I did not have ice cream we had salads before the pizza. Healthy LOL!

Travel safe everyone

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

You all enjoy that warm weather down there and let me know when you want to cool off, I'll send some more rain and snow that way. :ph34r:

Joe

We are supposed to get in the 40's tonight. We also had heavy rain and hail today , enough to look like snow on the ground. Jeff has an amazing talent in regards to wet weather. Jeff also had healthy beer last night also, looked healthy anyway. I know my beer was healthy.

Jerry and Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Joe

We are supposed to get in the 40's tonight. We also had heavy rain and hail today , enough to look like snow on the ground. Jeff has an amazing talent in regards to wet weather. Jeff also had healthy beer last night also, looked healthy anyway. I know my beer was healthy.

Jerry and Janice

It was a diet beer. LOL!

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Joe

Jerry and Janice

Well the weather up here just keeps being unpredictible. We took a drive over to Westport, WA yesterday and only got rained on during the time we wanted to be walking around. -_- About 5 minutes after we gave up on that, and headed back out of town the Sun came out and stayed out the rest of the day. Now the town of Westport really only has one thing going for it,FISHING. Has something like a 600 slip Marina and boasts the largest fishing fleet on the coast. A very slow walk along the downtown area would take maybe 10 minutes.

So it was back to Ocean Shores for a late lunch of Cheese Burger Soup and Potato Bake Bowl. MMMMMMMMMMM

As for the Ice Cream Machine, found out the person that hid it jammed the setting to Licorice Ice Cream. Not bad, but it sure causes some interesting things to happen latter. :lol:

Now Jerry, I BELIEVE YOU. Oh and I believe Jeff also. Beer is Healthy, it's that Baaaaaaaad Whiskey though that really helps one out. :ph34r:

Joe

On edit, I think Jeff is flying back and forth between the PNW and AZ

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Dang it, I thought I had that ice cream machine secured! I'm going to have to retrace my steps and see where I went wrong :o We did manage to sneak into Redlands California without the rain clouds finding out, so we'll see if that holds. Nice and sunny and 72 today so i'll take that to the bank. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Dang it, I thought I had that ice cream machine secured! I'm going to have to retrace my steps and see where I went wrong :o We did manage to sneak into Redlands California without the rain clouds finding out, so we'll see if that holds. Nice and sunny and 72 today so i'll take that to the bank. Steve

Since the one Joe found only serves licorice flavored ice cream, I wouldn't bother doing anything about it.

Shhh. You're not supposed to let Jeff find out where you are. Now you need to pretend you already left Redlands.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

You need to carry a branch with you and cover your tracks better when hiding the ice cream machine.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

HAHAHAHA we figured out the Ice Cream Machine and now it works just fine. Had a big ole bowl of Death by Chocolate out of it yesterday. Since we have to leave here tomorrow though, guess I need to figure out somewhere else to move it to so WE can keep using it from time to time. Now if I could just get it to serve up some of the Baaaaaaad Whiskey. :lol:

Jeff was surely up here all day yesterday, Rained far more than not so we just pretty much layed around here in front of the fire place all day.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jeff was surely up here all day yesterday, Rained far more than not so we just pretty much layed around here in front of the fire place all day.

Joe

Sorry Joe. I'm trying to shake the rain curse. I didn't know I could reach that far. :blink: Looks like good weather in the Phoenix area for a while. Sunny and 80's soon. Going to a baseball game today.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

HAHAHAHA we figured out the Ice Cream Machine and now it works just fine. Had a big ole bowl of Death by Chocolate out of it yesterday. Since we have to leave here tomorrow though, guess I need to figure out somewhere else to move it to so WE can keep using it from time to time. Now if I could just get it to serve up some of the Baaaaaaad Whiskey. :lol:

Joe

Joe, if you are crossing over to get your Bad Whiskey supplies, please let us know. We would love to see you. This depressing stuff gets depressing.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Does that mean it will get rained out?!

Linda

No rain out today. Upper 70's and a bit breezy. A nice day to sit in the sun at a baseball game. The drive home was long - Phoenix traffic is too much.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler