Class of 2015

ezdays

I'm sorry that this has been so difficult for you. I'm AMAZED that you had the ability and patience to get all that paperwork together. I'm not sure we could do the equivalent.

Having said that, let me be the first to welcome you to the Class of 2017! We are happy to have such committed folks in our midst!

Merry Christmas!

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!! To everyone in the class of 2015. May we all meet along the road of our adventure.

2007 Country Coach Allure 470 and pushed by 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

We officially joined the fulltime ranks on Dec. 30th. Guess that makes us Class of 2015. Still waiting for house sale to "close". Couldn't wait to break our legal ties to WI. Thanks to South Dakota for the smooth transition. Ran into truck issues on the way but that's another ongoing story.

Todd & Beth

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

I'm sorry that this has been so difficult for you. I'm AMAZED that you had the ability and patience to get all that paperwork together. I'm not sure we could do the equivalent.

Having said that, let me be the first to welcome you to the Class of 2017! We are happy to have such committed folks in our midst!

Thanks Troy, and I think you and us and everyone here are fighters on the road to FT RVing: as they say, the cowards never started, and the weaklings quit on the way. We all have started, and not one of us has quit, that's why all of us will make it in the end. It's just a matter of time.

Cheers,

--

Vall.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

Congratulations to ALL who have "hit the road" as Full Time RVers!

We sold the house at the end of summer, and hit the road Oct. 16. We are volunteering at Casa Grande Ruins N.M. until April, and loving it! Now we have just been accepted for May through August as volunteers for Palatki Heritage Site and V-Bar-V Heritage Site in Sedona, AZ.

For any who are still vacillating about going Full Time, we encourage you to "go for it".

Judith & Mark - Class of 2015

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually 6.7 L Diesel

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670 (38')

Blog: http://www.yourpcgeek.com/blog

• 3 months later...

Well it is time to check in again. Our first year on the road anniversary is coming up in 6 weeks and we have been traveling like there is no tomorrow. Right now we are in Kansas City area visiting our daughter and having some needed work done on the coach. Our slide topper was crunched by a large tree limb that we are replacing, and our not so cold (Norcold) refrigerator stopped working properly. So we are replacing it with a Samsung residential fridge. If you want to know who is doing it, PM me and I will give you the information. Our next destination is Las Vegas for our grand daughters High School graduation. Then on to Vermont for the Escapade. Would like to hear from the other class members on where you are and what you are doing.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

SloPoke congratulations on your Year Anniversary! We just passed the 6 month mark.

It's amazing the "learning curve" we have to go through. In our first week I learned that you cannot go down one aisle in the Walmart parking lot - then come back the next aisle -- we put a little yellow streak on the side of our 38' 5th wheel learning that one!

We spent the winter in southern Arizona, volunteering at Casa Grande Ruins National Monument and "seeing the sights" in southern AZ. We are spending a month touring places in the southern California desert before it gets too hot (Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Anza Borrego, etc.) And will be heading to Sedona for the summer to volunteer at the Palatki Heritage Site (National Forest Service).

If you want all the details, go to our blog: Judith & Mark's Travels.

We still wake up every day and are amazed that we can be doing this!

Our first week damage to the rear skirt of our fifth wheel taught us no matter how good Outback sounds navigating through a busy shopping center parking lot is something you do WITHOUT the trailer.

Dave and Lana Hasper

• 2 months later...

This class has been quiet too long. The DW and I are headed east to Essex Junction for the Escapade. Right now we are in Missouri just outside of St Louis. By July 1st we will be in the finger lake region of New York. Then we head to Vermont and beyond. Anyone else headed that way?

Hi Sott and Suzanne,

Our anniversary coming up in about 4 weeks too!

Our adventures at http://banbrv.blogspot.com/

We're currently in Maryland having spent the last 12 days visiting friends, having our daughter from UK stay with us and catching up with what our son has been doing.

We are leaving today heading for Canada and a family reunion near Niagara Falls followed by Ottawa, Montreal and then down to Vermont for Escapade.

I'm running a painting "Sip and Paint" class in the craft area, I believe on Wednesday morning. First 12 to sign up get to have fun!

Hope to see you all at Escapade although from our experience last year it's going to be amazingly busy.

Best Wishes

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Hi Brian and Barbara,

Leave a camping spot for us in Niagara Falls. We will be there the 29th and 30th of this month. After the finger lakes area of New York, we will move on to the coast of Maine before heading back to Essex Junction. After that, we will meander around Vermont and New Hampshire before heading south to St Petersburg, Florida for the fall season.

Happy Anniversary, ours was last month. I can't believe we have been doing this for 13 months now. Pinch me, I think I am dreaming. Tonight, for the first time, we are parked in a Walmart parking lot in Terre Haute, IN. We will see how this goes. We are supposed to have a T-storm come through tonight, so we have only one bedroom slide out, the other three will be in.

Safe journeys and enjoy the ride.

Scott and Suzanne, we'll still be around at the end of the month! Are you going to stay on the US side or come over to Canada? Do you have reservatons up here? July 1st is the Canada Day long weekend and of course the US is July 4th weekend so most places are fully booked. We're at Knights Hide Away in Ridgeway near Fort Erie Ontario until Wednesday then we'll be moving to Shore Acres in Port Dover Ontario on the 29th.

I can't remember if you are Elks? If so on the US side the Lockport Lodge has 4 water/electric sites with concrete pads and really quiet area on the Erie Canal.

Our cell phones are off due to roaming charges in Canada but we still do e-mail.

We'll be heading for Ottowa and Montreal then dropping down for Escapade after leaving here.

You are so right about a year slipping away, we can't remember what living in a house was like!

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Here we are in the most northeastern part of Maine by the Canadian border. We are here for a few days then we move east towards Essex Junction and the Escapades. We are scheduled to arrive on Friday. We hope everyone else is enjoying their summer.

Slow Poke

• 4 months later...

Happy November everyone! We are almost two years into fulltime rving. We started our new life January 2015. I am new to this forum. In fact, this is my very FIRST post! We are Dave & Donna, currently in Northern California. We are sitting low until mid-January when we will head toward Quartzsite for sun, sand, the Big RV show, & hopefully new friends :) Nice to meet you!

P.s. I hope this is the right place to introduce myself!

~Donna

We completed our one year anniversary 10/16. Last year on Friday 10/16, Judith had her last day of work. There was a "going away" lunchon from noon until 2:00. I arrived a little before 2, opened up the RV and allowed her co-workers an open house for them to see where we would be living. We closed up the rig at 3:00, headed south, and have not "looked back".

We have been volunteering much of our time, and loving ALL of our activities.

• 1 month later...

Archived