• 9 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

• Topics

• Howdy RJHILL, What you are about to read is "my opinion" but to me it would be a CRIME to butcher a classic such as a 359 by singling it.  I went to great pains to keep my truck looking like a truck especially when I built the Smart Car, bed I didn't want to ruin the look of the classic truck.  To each his own but if your set on using an HDT with a single rear axle I think you would be better served to get a different truck.  YES, I am very biased on this subject. I went from this, to this. And am now using it like this. Dave
    • How much budget are we talking? Schwalbe conversion Seats 7. Would take a little creativity to be registered RV, but not all of us are anyways.
    • You must have heard wrong because it's always a disgruntled campground owner who gets cities to pass no overnight parking ordinances, and it's fine to put out slides because if Walmart didn't want you putting out slides they'd tell you they don't want you putting out slides. Going to the city to ask for a "no parking" ordinance sure doesn't sound like the Walmart that's described in most RV discussions.
    • This isn't the first time you've recommended that someone contact healthcare.gov about where fulltimers who travel all the time should get their insurance.  But what is healthcare.gov going to tell someone like nancyrwall, who apparently lived in Minnesota and has kept her domicile there (and is presumably paying Minnesota income tax)?  If she's traveling constantly, what other state could she possibly use for her health insurance?  Minnesota is the obvious choice, and there's nothing that puts any other place in the running.  So Minnesota is the only choice. But just to play your game, I did call healthcare.gov and just got off the phone with them.  I said I wanted leave my state and start traveling around fulltime in my trailer, not staying anywhere more than a day or a week or so, and was wondering which state I should use to get my health insurance.  I was put on hold so the representative could get an answer, and she came back to say I should use the state where my primary residence was, and I asked for clarification:  "The state where I'm living now, before I start traveling?"  She said yes, and that I should look for a plan that will cover me in multiple states once I'm traveling. Like I said, it's the only practical choice for someone who travels constantly, and now it's been verified by a call to healthcare.gov. You seem resistant to the idea that people use their mailing address for health insurance, but have never offered any other practical solution.  I think that's because there isn't any other practical solution.  I know it, fulltimers who travel know it, and it healthcare.gov knows it.     
    • I have spent the last three winters in Mission, TX.  We stayed at Green Gate Grove.  LOVED it there.  It is right up the street from Benson Palm. It is a community mixed with houses, park models and concrete pads for RVs.