• 40 replies
  9. Downsizing rig

• 11 replies
    • 20 replies
  10. My two A.C. Colmans

• 18 replies
RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

Rvonthego.com

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

• Topics

• I agree the all in one systems have limited or no HDMI inputs, but there are ways around that.  If the TV has digital audio (DA) out, then additional components can be connected directly to the TV through HDMI inputs and then run the sound out through a DA cable (basically a fiber optic cable) to the all in one unit (assuming it has a DA input) to allow surround sound for anything being played to the TV.  If the TV doesn’t have DA out, you can pull the DA signal from the HDMI signal with the proper adapter. It all comes down to how much money is in the budget and what quality you require to meet your needs.  There are lots of ways to accomplish the goal.  Separate components properly matched to your needs will usually give you the best quality, but if cost is an issue an all in one will do the job too
    • Fat fingers on the iPad keyboard - UGH.
    • I suggest an AV receiver like the Marantz NR1508. It has 5 HDMI 4K inputs, 50W per channel, built in WiFi and AirPlay, plus it's one of the shortest AV receivers. I have an Marantz in my AV system. I also suggest some "bookshelf" speakers like this Polk system. Finally, adequate ventilation courtesy of Cooler Guys. BTW, it's almost impossible now to find and integrated system that Chad mentioned with any HDMI inputs which is very, very limiting.  
    • Find the Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) of your RV and subtract your gross weight (13820) from that number.  This is the maximum weight your RV can tow.  This doesn’t mean your RV can actually tow that much weight because it might be limited by some other factor (like rear axle rating, hitch capacity, etc), but it will give you the best case scenario max tow weight.
    • For basic sound requirements in an RV and ease of installation, I have been happy with Samsung all in one Blu-ray surround sound systems.  I had a couple of them in my last 5er and they worked quite well.  If you are looking for more options and “tune ability” then a good Sony receiver with your choice of speakers and audio/video components is a good option.  It is what I have at home and in my current 5er.  Sony makes some good receivers and at various price points depending on capabilities.